The Fort Worth Chapter of Credit Union’s Raymond Shands Memorial Scholarship benefiting Southwest CUNA Management School is available to any volunteer or employee of a Fort Worth Credit Union who is affiliated with the Fort Worth Chapter of Credit Unions.
RAYMOND SHANDS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Southwest CUNA Management School Scholarship Guidelines
Now accepting applications – deadline 5/15/19
- The applicant must be a volunteer, serving on a committee, or employed by a Fort Worth Chapter Credit Union.
- The credit union must be affiliated/member of the chapter.
- Applicant’s credit union must be an active participant in chapter activities.
- Applicant should be able to demonstrate support for the project once the scholarship is discontinued.
- Demonstrate a consistency with the philosophy and values of credit unions as member-owned cooperatives.
- Applicant must use the scholarship during the year it is awarded and for the purpose stated on the application.
- The application cannot propose a liability to the Chapter beyond the amount of the scholarship.
- Complete and submit a scholarship application by Wednesday, May 15, 2019
- A copy of the CU’s most recent CALL Report/Ratios will be used during the scholarship approval process.
- Approval/denial will be communicated within one week of the scholarship committee decision.
- Scholarship funds are disbursed by reimbursement to the credit union after the session has been completed.
- Submit only one application by 5/15/19 (instructions are at the bottom of the application)
- A cover letter to the scholarship committee explaining why the scholarship assistance is essential.
- Submit a copy of the most recent Call Report.