Bridging the Gap Between New and Seasoned Credit Union Leaders
The Leadership Academy was designed by credit union professionals for credit union professionals. With a clear focus on building leaders within our credit unions, the Academy allows for growth through engagement.
The objective is to promote the overall industry, tie new leaders closer to the credit union movement, and provide an avenue to receive mentoring and discuss leadership philosophy. Whether students are 30 days or 30 years into their career, this program is ideal for participants that are looking to grow, but also for current leaders to further demonstrate their expanded knowledge.
What Can Chapters & Students Expect?
• One day of learning per month in a classroom-style setting.
• Convenient 9-month program delivered by the chapter.
• Training designed by credit union leaders for credit union leaders.
• Learning from “best of the best” facilitators and guest speakers.
• Pairing with a specially chosen mentor.
• In-depth leadership philosophy with seasoned professionals.
• A springboard to next-level leadership training and positions.
• Collaboration on an immersive leadership project.
• Monthly Leadership “Lunch and Learn” sessions.
• All ranges of credit union professionals accepted.
The Cornerstone Collaboration Program
Through the Cornerstone Collaboration Program, each student is carefully paired with a mentor from across the region. If you have ever had a good mentor, you undoubtedly recognize the incalculable value to your career that a mentor can provide.
Even if you’re not thinking about becoming a student in the Academy, sign up for this incredible initiative for a personally rewarding experience.
A Springboard for the Future
The Cornerstone Leadership Academy is also a springboard for students to become next-level credit union leaders. As an introductory leadership course, the Leadership Academy provides the foundation for future development in such educational programs as the Cornerstone Principles and Philosophy Conference, Credit Union Development Educator (CUDE) training, and Southwest CUNA Management School (SCMS).
This educational opportunity is open to Cornerstone-affiliated credit unions. Chapters and students must commit to one full day of learning per month for nine months. In a classroom-style environment, facilitators lead students through the following modules:
• The Leadership Academy Welcome
• Outcomes and Expectations
• Team Projects
• Assignments and Responsibilities
• Credit Union History & Culture
• Values & Traditions
• What is Advocacy
• Introduction to Compliance, Regulators, Laws, Exams and Audits
• A Deeper Look at Compliance
• Branch Operations
• Project Management
• Information Technology (IT)
• Human Resources
• Accounting and Finance
• CLA Program Review and Final Project Prep
The Academy culminates in a graduation session where the students get to display all they have learned in a final presentation to benefit their credit union and their members.
Fort Worth Chapter 2019 CLA Guidelines
- Academy Timeline – February-October (graduation in October)
- Academy Cost: $495
- Class will meet the 2nd Thursday of each month (dates subject to change)
- Deans – Ginia Chapline and Terrie Johnson
- 2019 CLA students will be selected by Fort Worth Chapter CLA Committee through an application process
- Fort Worth Chapter CLA Committee – Andy Reed, Shelli McCoy, Scott Ward, Ginia Chapline, Terrie Johnson, and Brandon Villiers (2018 CLA Outstanding Student)
- 12 Students will be selected for 2019
- Special consideration will be given so as many Fort Worth Chapter credit unions as possible be represented in the 2019 Academy
- Application submission due no later than 1/11/2019
- Applications should be submitted to a Contact listed on the application
- Student must have approval from their credit union to apply
- Students will be selected and notified no later than 1/31/2019
- Click HERE to download the 2019 CLA application
I acknowledge my commitment to attending eight of the nine full-day classes in order to graduate from the Cornerstone Leadership Academy.